
Winter came with urge to cuddle up with a decadent toasty beverage and my shiny new hubby. This provided the perfect opportunity to make something so common, and too often taken for granted... marshmallows. Our winter beverages had to be worth of their fluffy square crowns of creamy vanilla sweetness. So Daniel set to work on mugs of rich hot chocolate and I made Thomas Keller’s Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows.
I couldn’t believe how simple and gratifying the recipe was. It was just a matter of heating sugar and water and adding gelatin and corn syrup and vanilla. The outcome was this fabulously fluffy 8 1/2 x 11" slab of pillowy sugar. It flopped out happily onto my cutting board. It added the perfect creamy sweetness to a cup of hot chocolate but the most amazing thing was the way the marshmallow roasted over the gas stove. It was the ultimate S’more. All I needed was a homemade graham cracker.…….

I couldn’t believe how simple and gratifying the recipe was. It was just a matter of heating sugar and water and adding gelatin and corn syrup and vanilla. The outcome was this fabulously fluffy 8 1/2 x 11" slab of pillowy sugar. It flopped out happily onto my cutting board. It added the perfect creamy sweetness to a cup of hot chocolate but the most amazing thing was the way the marshmallow roasted over the gas stove. It was the ultimate S’more. All I needed was a homemade graham cracker.…….
No comments:
Post a Comment